Sound Blaster Live! is the top audio solution for seamless integration into the computer for novices and advanced users in gaming, professional music recording and playback, Internet audio and DVD/Video playback. At the heart of Sound Blaster Live! is the EMU10K1X audio processor chip. Sound Blaster Live! supports surround-sound audio on the computer with built-in support for two, four or six (5.1) speakers. With up to 6 channels of SPDIF output, users would now be able to experience 3D audio with multiple speaker systems. With Sound Blaster Live!, you can apply EAX™ effects to existing games and applications for incredibly true sound.
Sound Blaster Live! is now capable of producing more than 1000 voices. This remarkable capability goes beyond the quality and performance available in most professional music equipment. With additional voices, Sound Blaster Live! delivers richer MIDI playback, simultaneous playback of more instrument notes and multi-layering of instruments to create better quality sound.
With EAX Audio Technologies, Creative has made it easier for any developer who wants to incorporate high-quality 3D audio environments into their titles.
- EMU10K1X audio controller
- EAX Audio Technologies
- Creative Multi Speaker SurroundTM (CMSSTM) for upmixing ordinary stereo sources to 5.1 channels
- Supports analog 5.1 speakers through LINE_OUT, REAR_OUT, and D/A_OUT (Center/Subwoofer).
- Realistic and immersive 3D positional audio experience and support DirectSound3D.
- Support 6-channel digital-output using SPDIF up to 24bit, 48KHz.
- SPDIF OUT supports compressed AC3-passthrough.
- PCI Specification Version 2.1 compliant
- Front panel circuitry to detect headphones or microphones
- TAD cable detection
- EAX 2.0
- Pre-installed presets
- Host-based MIDI Synthesizer
- General MIDI support
- Supports maximum 1024 voice polyphony
- 3D audio support
- Positional audio effect from games supporting 3D audio (2/4/6 speaker, headphone)
- Multi-channel PCM support (2, 4, 6/5.1 speakers)
- Stereo virtualization over headphone
- Supports WavePCI
- One line-level analog Line input via stereo jack on rear bracket
- One mono Microphone analog input via stereo jack on rear bracket
- CD_IN line-level analog input via 4-pin Molex connector on card
- AUX_IN line-level analog input via 4-pin Molex connector on card
- TAD line-level analog input via 4-pin Molex connector on card
- ANALOG (center and subwoofer)/DIGITAL OUT (front and rear SPDIF digital outputs) via 4-pole 3.5 mm minijack on rear bracket
- Three line-level analog outputs via stereo connectors on rear bracket (Front, Rear and Center/Subwoofer Line-Outs)
- Stereo headphone (32-ohm load) support on Front Line-Out
- Pentium class 133 MHz or equivalent processor
- 128 MB RAM
- 115 MB of free hard disk space
- One free PCI bus slot
- Powered speakers or external amplifier
Click Here to Download the Basic Driver Only (Version 1)
Click Here to Download the Basic Driver Only (Version 2)
Click Here to Download the Original CD Complete with Support Pack (Recommended)